5 gallons, extract/specialty grains; OG = 1.050; FG = 1.010
- 6.6 lbs. Ireks unhopped amber extract
- 1 lb. light dry malt extract
- 1 lb. dark crystal malt, 60° Lovibond
- 1 oz. Northern Brewer hop pellets (8.4% alpha acid), for 60 min.
- 1.75 oz. German Hallertauer hop pellets (3.5% alpha acid), 1 oz. for 15 min., 0.75 oz. for 1 min.
- 1/2 tsp. Irish moss
- Wyeast 1007 (German ale yeast)
- 1 cup light dry malt extract for priming
Step by Step:
Add crushed grain to 2.5 gals. cold water and bring to a boil. Remove grains and add malt extract (both syrup and dried). Bring to a boil, and add Northern Brewer hops. Boil 45 minutes. Add 1 oz Hallertauer hops and Irish moss and boil 15 minutes more. Total boil is 60 minutes. Add 0.75 Hallertauer hops at cool down. Top off to 5 gals. and pitch yeast. Primary ferment at 70° F for four to five days. Rack to secondary. Bottle when fermentation is complete.