BYO By The Numbers
Reach the largest audience of homebrewers anywhere… 78,000 readers every issue! Our homebrewers throughout North America will spend over $68 million in 2018 on supplies and equipment. Come Grow with us in 2018!
- 78,000 readers every issue
- Over $68 million spent by readers annually on homebrew supplies and equipment.
- 397,800 advised by readers on homebrew purchases each year.
- 5,658,120 gallons of homebrew made per year by readers.
- Over $71 million spent annually by readers on craft and import beer.
- 873,600 people advised by readers on craft and import beer purchases each year.
- 44% of readers rely on Brew Your Own as their only home brew or beer publication.
- 1,500,000 new subscription promotion pieces planned for 2018.
- 6,250 newsstand and retail outlets carry Brew Your Own.
- 82% of readers have purchased a product in the last year as a direct result of a Brew Your Own advertisement.
Brew Your Own is the #1 selling homebrew magazine!
In the past 21 years we’ve sent out over 18.2 million direct mail subscription offers and we don’t plan on slowing down in 2018. Our aggressive marketing programs and strong editorial content are how we continue to grow. BYO paid circulation has increased by 55% over the last six years! We now sell 52,000+ copies of BYO every issue. With our passalong readership that means over 78,000 brewing hobbyists will see your advertisement in every issue! Plus, our paid circulation is larger than any of our competitors’. You get more impressions for your money with BYO advertising.
Reap the benefits of our aggressive marketing plans for 2018
We invest in promotions like no other magazine in the industry to deliver new prospects for you.
- Internet Promotions – Online subscription offers will run on Amazon.com, our own Byo.com and other beer websites.
- Direct Mail Campaigns – Over 500,000 new subscriber pieces will be mailed
- Newsstand Promotions – We will add to our current network of over 6,000 bookstores and 250 homebrew shops carrying our magazines. Several hundred copies of BYO are also sold in homebrew shops in the United Kingdom and Australia. Plus we will invest in special in-store promotions with large bookstore chains such as: Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million and Chapters.
- Package Inserts – Over 500,000 promotions will be placed in homebrew retailer customer bags and catalogs next year.
- Gift Promotions – Over 100,000 direct mail pieces will be sent during the holiday months to BYO subscribers encouraging gift subscriptions to their brewing friends and relatives.
Editorial: Packed with Information and Keeping the Fun in the Homebrewing Hobby
BYO is fun as well as informative. We get dozens of letters every month and they say the same thing: “This magazine is written just for me. It is easy to read, I always learn something.”
Reader involvement is the signature of the magazine – our pages are loaded with people pictures, reader tips, recipes and interesting homebrew set-ups.
Reader Survey Active Hobbyists:
- Each BYO reader makes on the average 9.3 batches a year.
- Spends an average of $877 a year on homebrew equipment and supplies.
- Spends an average of $918 per year purchasing craft and import beers.
- Each reader advises an additional 5.1 other people a year regarding their selection of homebrew equipment and supplies and has influenced 5.7 other people to start homebrewing.
- Average household income $124,361
- 82% have purchased, or plan to purchase, a product directly as a result of an advertisement in BYO.
- 44% of our subscribers rely on BYO as their only homebrew magazine.
BYO Advertising Delivers
- Last year 75% of BYO advertisers ran in multiple issues and 40% ran full year contracts. They didn’t run on long-term contracts because we’re nice guys (which we are) – they ran because advertising in BYO really works!
- BYO advertisers receive hotlinks on byo.com so readers can learn more about your products right away. This service is FREE!
Circulation Story 52,000 Paid Copies
We promote heavily with direct mail and on the newsstand to find you new customers. Our efforts have paid off. We continue to attract more and more new hobbyists as subscribers.
31,000 Paid Print Subscribers
BYO has always actively promoted subscriptions through direct mail. In 2018, we will send out 1,500,000 new subscription pieces.
9,000 Paid Digital Subscribers
Through our digital edition 9,000 people are enjoying our great brewing content on their computers, Apple devices like iPhones and iPads, Android tablets and phones, and more!
10,000 Copies Sold on Newsstand
BYO is sold in over 6,000 locations, including virtually every major bookstore chain and key newsstand in North America.
2,000 Copies Sold in Homebrew Stores
BYO is sold in 200 homebrew stores in special point-of-purchase displays.
Each copy sold has an additional .5 person pass-along readership.
Total readership over 78,000 per issue!
For more information about advertising please contact us at email@example.com or call us at (802) 362-3981 ext. 102.