How do I access NanoCon Online?
We will be using the Crowdcast virtual event platform for this event. Click on the link that will be emailed to you from “Brad Ring via Crowdcast” in advance of the event. If you did not receive this link, use this URL: crowdcast.io/e/nanocononline
This will bring you to the Event Page, which will go live on Friday, November 6 at 10:45 am EST with a welcome and introduction to the event. A few days before the event you will receive an email from “Brad Ring via Crowdcast”. You can use the link from this email to access the event and get your account started.
Crowdcast is a web-based virtual event platform so all you need to participate is a computer or digital device with a browser. They have found Google Chrome tends to work best with Crowdcast, but you can use other browsers as well, just not Safari.
Crowdcast is also supported on the latest Android devices right in the browser, no downloads required. For iPhone and iPad users, you can download: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/crowdcast-mobile/id1119071572
My video and audio is lagging. How can I fix it?
- Try pausing the event and then hitting play. Your internet bandwidth may just need a few seconds to catch up.
- By default, all events are set to stream in high-definition resolution. You can adjust the video resolution by hovering your mouse over the player and clicking the gear icon. From there you can lower the resolution to either 720p or 360p.
- If you’re still having trouble, click the question mark in the top right of the webinar screen OR look in the bottom left under the word LIVE for a link to help you stabilize your audio and video.
How do I ask a question during the event?
- You can ask a question by clicking the “Ask a question” link just below the video feed (at the bottom right of your screen).
- This is where you can submit any questions or leave a comment on a question submitted by someone else. Once the host has answered the question, you will be able to view it in the answered tab.
- You can also upvote questions that others have submitted. Questions with the most votes will be answered first at the end of each seminar.
Where is the chat box and what is it for?
- Chat is located on the righthand side of the video feed. This is a great place to say hello and introduce yourself before the event goes live. Chat lets you directly communicate with attendees before, during, and after a seminar.
- Please submit any questions you have for the speaker/s in the “Ask a question” box at the bottom of the screen. Only questions submitted there will be answered by the speaker/s at the end of the event.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend this event on the Crowdcast Platform?
- Crowdcast recommends a minimum of 5 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload for a stable and consistent stream of video and audio.
- Crowdcast will automatically drop down to audio-only mode if your connection is weak. Click here to test your speed.
Where can I find the schedule for the event?
You will be able to find the schedule while logged into Crowdcast by clicking in the upper left corner to see a list of all sessions in a dropdown menu. You can also find a full rundown of all sessions with the correct links for each presentation.
How can I watch video recordings of the sessions after the event?
After the event is over, you can watch replays of each session by going to our 2020 NanoCon Attendee Schedule webpage and then clicking on the session links for the specific seminar replays you would like to watch. The video replay will take place within Crowdcast and is only accessible for paid NanoCon Online attendees.
I need more help!
Please contact the NanoCon team for more help by email we will be monitoring before and during the event: firstname.lastname@example.org