Pennsylvanian Imperial Stout
5 gallons, extract/specialty grains; OG = 1.070; FG = 1.018
- 6.6 lbs. Northwestern amber extract
- 3.3 lbs. Munton's light extract
- 1 lb. crystal malt, 60° Lovibond
- 0.25 lb. roasted non-malted black barley
- 0.25 lb. black patent malt
- 2 oz. Eroica hops (13% alpha acid), for 60 min.
- 0.5 oz. Cascade hops (4.1% alpha acid), for 10 min.
- Wyeast 1084 liquid (Irish ale)
Step by Step:
Crush and steep grains for 30 minutes. Add extract and Eroica hops and boil for 50 minutes. Add Cascade hops and boil 10 more minutes. The longer this beer is in the carboy, the better. Leave in carboy for at least 1.5 months. Prime with corn sugar.