6 gallons, all-grain; OG = 1.060; TG = 1.010
- 17 lbs. Gambrinus two-row pale malt
- 2 lbs. Belgian cara-Vienne malt
- 1 lb. Belgian cara-Munich malt
- 2.5 oz. Northern Brewer hops (7.2% alpha acid), 0.5 oz. for 90 min., 2 oz. for 75 minutes.
- 1 oz. Mt. Hood hops (3.2% alpha acid), for 30 min.
- 0.5 gal. Wyeast 2112
Mash in grains with 5 gals. of water at 140° F, hold for 30 minutes, then raise to 154° F with about 3 gals. of boiling water. Hold until conversion, about 60 min. Do not sparge. Run all wort out of mash tun into kettle, bringing volume up to 7 gals. with water. After first gallon has been run into the kettle, add 0.5 oz. of Northern Brewer hops. Boil 15 minutes. Add 2 oz. Northern Brewer. Boil 45 more minutes. Add Mt. Hood hops. Boil 30 more minutes. Total boil is 90 minutes. Cool and aerate thoroughly, then pitch yeast. If feasible use an open fermenter for primary, then rack to secondary when kraeusen falls. Follow normal bottling or kegging procedures.