Two Brothers Brewing Co. Domaine DuPage clone
5 Gallons/ 19 L, extract with grains; OG = 1.059 FG = 1.014; IBUs = 24 SRM = 12.2; ABV = 5.9%
- 6.6 lbs. (3 kg ) Briess light, unhopped, malt extract
- 4 oz. (113 g) light dried malt extract
- 12 oz. (0.34 kg) Vienna malt
- 6 oz. (0.17 kg) Munich malt
- 10 oz. (0.28 kg) carawheat malt (50 °L)
- 5 oz. (0.14 kg) CaraMunich malt (40 °L)
- 5 oz. (0.14 kg) melanoidin malt
- 2.25 AAU Northern brewer hop pellets (60 min.) (0.25 oz./7g of 9% alpha acid)
- 6.5 AAU Mt. Hood hop pellets (25 min.) (1 oz./28 g of 6.5% alpha acid)
- 6.5 AAU Mt. Hood hop pellets (10 min.) (1 oz./28 g of 6.5% alpha acid)
- 1⁄2 tsp. yeast nutrient (last 15 minutes of the boil)
- 1⁄2 tsp. Irish moss (last 30 minutes of the boil)
- White Labs WLP072 (French Ale) or Wyeast 3711 (Belgian Saison) yeast 0.75 cup (150 g) of corn sugar for priming (if bottling)
Step by Step:
Steep the crushed grain in 2 gallons (7.6 L) of water at 152 ºF (67 ºC) for 30 minutes. Remove grains from the wort and rinse with 2 quarts (1.8 L) of hot water. Add the liquid malt and dried malt extracts and boil for 60 minutes. Add the hops, Irish moss and yeast nutrient as per the schedule. Now add the wort to 2 gallons (7.6 L) of cold water in the sanitized fermenter and top off with cold water up to 5 gallons (19 L).
Cool the wort to 75 ºF (24 ºC). Pitch your yeast and aerate the wort heavily. Allow the beer to cool to 68 ºF (20 ºC). Hold at that temperature until fermentation is complete. Transfer to a carboy, avoiding any splashing. Allow the beer condition for one week and then bottle or keg. Allow the beer to carbonate and age for two weeks. Visit byo.com/ for an all-grain option.
All grain option:
This is a single step infusion mash. Increase the amount of Vienna malt to 6.75 lbs. (3.1 kg) and the Munich malt to 5 lbs. (2.3 kg) to replace the liquid and dried malt extracts. Mix the crushed grains with 4.25 gallons (16 L) of 170 °F (77 °C) water to stabilize at 152 ºF (67 ºC) for 60 minutes. Sparge slowly with 175 ºF (79 ºC) water. Collect approximately 6 gallons (23 L) of wort runoff to boil for 60 minutes.
Reduce the 60 minute hop addition to 0.2 oz. (5.7 g) Northern brewer hop pellets (1.8 AAU) and the 25 minute addition of Mt. Hood hop pellets to .75 oz. (21.3 g) to allow for the higher utilization factor of a full wort boil. The remainder of this recipe and procedures are the same as the extract with grain recipe.